Dear New JSIS Families,
We are so happy to welcome you to school and want to make sure you're included in the school directory so you can fully participate in school life!
The directory is most useful to everyone if it includes contact information for every family, so please take a moment to register so that you can keep in touch with other school families and receive important school communications.
You will be returned to complete the directory registration
Benefits to registering:
- Receive up-to-date communications from the school and classrooms.
- Access contact information for other school community members, and connect for playdates, birthday parties, school projects, etc.
- Maintain your own profile at any time. Update your contact information, “hide” any part of your contact information, and change your privacy settings.
Returning families, already registered:
Please login. Add your new student to your account by clicking +ADD CHILD under Family Info. Enter his/her/their name and the appropriate language under the language drop down. Be sure to SAVE at the top of the page before logging out.
New families or non-registered returning families:
Please register on the PTSA website so you can receive school communications, view and update your information, as well as designate your privacy preferences.
HOW TO REGISTER:
- Click here to register (please contact the directory team for temporary password)
- Enter or check your family’s data.
- If you are a returning family or another family member has already registered, click on your name when it is found in the system or search for your family (if they have a different last name than you). Check your information and make sure you are showing contact information if you want other families to be able to reach you (SEE PRIVACY SETTINGS BELOW). SAVE your information and settings at the top of the page.
- If your family is new to the school and you are the first in your family to register, click the CREATE NEW FAMILY UNIT link. Your profile will come up. Scroll down and add your contact information, phone number and address (at least an email address), and set your privacy settings if needed (SEE PRIVACY SETTINGS BELOW). Your contact information will need to be visible for other school families to be able to contact you. SAVE your information at the top of the page.
PRIVACY SETTINGS: Set your privacy settings and those of your family (under family info) by clicking on “click to show” next to the data you want to display in the directory. Remember if you “click to hide” something it will not be accessible in the directory and cannot be used by other families to contact you. Be sure to leave your name and email address in the system even if you choose not to display them, so that you can be contacted by room reps and teachers regarding your child’s class. If your spouse would like his/her email in the directory, but would prefer to not receive school emails, you may turn off organization wide emails for them under email groups.
- After your information is entered and saved, you can add any other adults in your family and any new students. Click +ADD ADULT to add other adults in your household. Please make sure you add any contact information you want shown in the directory and email addresses for adults to receive school communications. SAVE (upper right).
- MAKE SURE YOU CLICK +ADD CHILD to add your new student. Enter his/her/their name and the appropriate language under the language drop down. Their grade and class will be added by the directory team. Make sure you SAVE any information that you add or change at the top of the page before adding the next person.
- Finally, please go to the upper right corner of your profile to logout to complete your registration.
Please note that by registering and setting your privacy preferences, you are agreeing that these preferences are in effect until you change them and that your information can also be printed for those school families who prefer a printed class list.
Once you have registered, check out our PTSA website and the online directory under the Directory tab! Please bookmark the site and come back often to see what has changed, as we will be adding more content over time. You can check your directory entry on the Directory page by searching for your child in the search field. You will need to enter your username and password to see the search results.
Thanks so much and we hope to see you ‘online’ soon!
Questions?? Please email the 2021-2022 Directory Team (Cathy Pirich).
- For families with special letters and/or accents in their names: It can be difficult to search for names with special letters/accents in this online directory. It is your decision whether to enter names with accents or to take them out to make them more searchable.